Types of givers III
Philippians 4:18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things [which were sent] from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.
Giver type 16; Scented or perfumed givers, as shown in Philippians 4:18.
Giver type 17; Genuine or unpretentious givers, e.g Dorcas or Tabitha, Acts 9:39-40 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them. But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning [him] to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up.
Giver type 18; Self inspired or self driven or voluntary givers like Zaccheaus in Luke 19:1-9. When Jesus visited Zaccheaus' house, he without any instruction from anyone gave freely to the people half of all he had and to those that he had cheated before four times the amount he had cheated them. Luke 19:8-9 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore [him] fourfold. And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.
Giver type 19; Life givers, Peter and John, Acts 3:1-9. Acts 3:6-8 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted [him] up: and immediately his feet and ancle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
Giver type 20; Covetous givers. Annanias and Sapphira, Acts 5:1-10. When the whole church agreed to sell all they had, they sold their land and didn't fully declare the amount they had sold. They desired a share of what others had yet not fully giving of what they had. Acts 5:8-10 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband [are] at the door, and shall carry thee out. Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying [her] forth, buried [her] by her husband.
Comments
Post a Comment